How much does your 1 yr old talk???

I have a 15 month old and she's the youngest of 3. She doesn't say a whole lot and am wondering if I should be concerned?!?! My 2 boys talked very well, very young. Ava can say Mom, Dad, more, some, hi, bye, hot and no. That's about it. I am a very active Mom and stay home with them. My boys are 9 and 5 and are in school, so it's just her and I part of the day. She has a million books that she LOVES and I probably read 15 to 20 a day with her. I talk to her all day long, and if she wats something I try and get her to say what she wants. If we're outside I am always telling her what this and that is. I know she's smart because you'll tell her to get a book and she will or tell her to get the one with a puppy on it and she does. Same with asking her to get her blankey or babies. And she'll pick up her toys if you ask her to. So I know she understands. So my question is....how much does your baby talk and should I be concerned???

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DDs 15 months too. she says about 15 words & only 5 are clear enough for a stranger to understand (mom, bye, hi, up, & food). the other 10 words are only half words that we have learned what she means. i wouldnt be too worried, maybe just bring it up at the next dr. appt if it really bothers you.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son didn't talk very much at all and he's 3 now and won't stop. She's probably fine just mention it to her doc at next appt
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm sure she's ok. My son didn't explode with words until he turned 2, unlike my daughter who was a talker.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 13 months old says Mama, Dada, BaBa, and hey. That's it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009