Implantation pocket?

At my first Ultra sound my Dr. told me that it looked like when the baby implanted it made like a blood pocket and eventually it would burst and when it did it would be brownish blood which meant old blood from being there that long, well me and my husband had sexa week or two later and after i went to the bathroom and it was red i know TMI, so it freaked me out because it wasn't brownish or pink but it only lasted a few wipes and it was gone, has anyone else had this so called blood pocket? and if so is there anything to be worried about in the long run?

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have not had the pocket, but the red blood after sex happens for a lot of pregnant women. When you have sex the cervix can sometimes become irritated & the capillaries will burst (it's not as scary as it sounds, its normal). However, to ease your mind, I would bring it up with your doctor next time you see them. If any more blood comes out, or you start to cramp, that's when you should worry.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009