Have you Tried this yet???

Have you momz tried the potty training method yet.. It say's it is going to be a three day task.. I need to get my little girl to pee&poop in the potty.. She is 3 now and goes to school and the teachers want the kids to be some-what potty trained..I really hope this works for my DH... Thanx andrewsmom70....here goes! Is ur children(s) potty trained yet??? If so did it take 3 days??

Linsigirl26

Asked by Linsigirl26 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have no heard anything of this method but I can give you my own input as to how I potty trained my now four year old daughter. We had a little trouble and tried many different approaches, some days she was interested, some days she was not. I think the hardest part for them is realizing when to go...and also becoming used to the potty. When the several methods I did try didn't pan out I honestly left her without a diaper on during the day (it was summer and I was a stay at home mom at the time.). I got a few pee marks on my carpet..but it was worth it! She was able to realize what the feelings were, which feelings meant what. In the beginning she would pee on my floor and we would just go UH-OH..that's supposed to go into the potty. Then after a few times of that she would be able to stop herself (midstream) and she would seat herself on the potty. Then from there she realized the sensation and would just sit down herself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• (cont)
    Whether it was number 1 or number 2!! She actually got the hang of it pretty quickly...we eliminated liquids closer to bedtime to ensure no accidents but still for a couple months we would put pull ups on her for bedtime..just to be safe! She never once had an accident. Once she got the hang of it she was happy to do it, and to tell everyone! After she got the hang of it we also threw her a "potty party." This was actually one of the methods we had originally tried which we quickly realized was pretty much a bribe...But once we did it after she was potty trained it just was positive reenforcement and made her extremely proud and HAPPY to go on the potty like a BIG GIRL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• nice.... but my DD knows when she has to go, but she hides than goes.. and she won't poop in the poty yet. She will tell me after she goes, that she has to go stink-stink! what do I do with that!! do I keep her diaper off all day like you?? help me mom!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Lexie is doing well,

this week all week she only had an accident 3 times,

wearing undies in the day..
    she even goes potty by herself..

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• MY DD WAS 2 WHEN WE STARTED POTTY TRAINING...I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU CAN TRAIN YOUR CHILD IN THREE DAYS -MAYBE-MAYBE NOT! MY DD GOES POTTY ALL BY HERSELF AND PUTS HER CLOTHES ON AND OFF BY HERSELF ...STILL NEEDS HELP WIPING BUT WERE WORKING ON THAT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I just had my son to wear big boy underwear and if we had a accident we changed them he stopped havign them in about 3 to 4 days he doesn't even wear a pull up to bed just be patient every child is diffrent and we praised him alot when he went in the toilet.
    if she likes chuckie cheeese you can go to their website and print something off for potty training so when she completes the chart they give her extra tokens
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 2:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009