How many...

of you will buy name brand shoes for your kids and wal-mart shoes for youself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I buy whatever I think is cute, whether it's for myself or my child, and whether it's at Wal-mart or Neiman Marcus. I don't buy things because of the label....that's tacky.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes, I would. I assume you say "Wal-Mart" not really buy from "Wal-Mart", right? It could be pay-for-less, Target etc...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 10:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yeah Anything off brand?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• um nope .. both my kids and i wear name brand.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No, the opposite. My kids will grow of their shoes in a few months, but my feet will stay the same. They can have the cheap shoes for now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I can find nikes and other name brands for the same amount that a lot of shoes are at walmart so I usually try to find the best deal by cuteness and price
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't worry about name brands. I shop many places. Its the person filling the article of clothing that makes it stand out, not the lable that makes the person stand out. LOL. That's just snobby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My kids are perfectly happy with shoes that have their favorite characters on them from Target or wherever. I get the cheapest jeans I can find. My 8 year old hasn't been begging for a few pairs of 7 jeans. They grow so fast that it's hard to keep up with them to begin with. As far as clothes for me--I don't buy clothes for me very often. I have to ensure they are clothed first.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Other way around. My kids get shoes from Target or Payless and I buy name brand for myself. Usually Nike or New Balance (but the pair I just bought were Asics.

My kids get new shoes every 3-6 months (we just bought my son new sneakers in like April and he already needs new ones). I wear mine for several years. There's no way I'd spend $40-$50 on a pair of shoes my kids will wear out or outgrow in a few months.

My kids don't complain.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009