Who here agrees with this statement? Why or why not?

This is my answer to someone that quit her job to be a SAHM but then wasn't going to have health ins for her child. I think it's 100% a fair statement. If you can't afford to be a SAHM and are on PA and struggling, don't you think you OWE it to your child to keep your job??? Don't get me wrong I know NOT everyone that stays home is on PA.....

You shouldn't have quit until you figured out the insurance thing. I HATE when Women say I'm a SAHM and I am on PA and struggling or my kids have NO insurance because we can't afford it! If you're stuggling go back to work. Don't brag and say your staying home and taking care of your kids but not really. If you can't afford health insurance, you're really NOT taking care of them, now are you?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• AGREE .. Kudos to you for saying this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• AGREE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i dont agree!!! i decided to stay at home because my job cut my hours to 28 hrs a week so its pointless to work just to pay daycare and i have 2 kids in school so i would also have to pay someone to take and pick them up. my husband works but doesn't make enough money to have the kids on his health insurance so they have medicaid. plus even if i did work i couldn't afford health ins.
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hey kimmie....that when you go back to school and get better JOBS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• excue me *that's*
    Anonymous

• I DONT AGREE!!!!!! You shouldn't judge people if your not in their situation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i would only agree if i knew the woman would have some money left over after paying for daycare. im a SAHM b/c i wouldnt make any money working b/c it would all go to some stranger watching my DD. but then we have insurance...its crap, but its enough.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• anon 11:08 mind your business
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• kimmie you aired out your business.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009