Do you get upset when your child brings home a grade of "C "on a test or a paper? I would define a "C' as 70-79 percent.

comfycouch

Asked by comfycouch at 10:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in

• Some of the ones with A's can't think on their own. They can only spit back memorized material to give the teacher what he/she wants. Grades are a false measurement of intelligence, drive, and/or future success. In addition, not everyone with "C's will grow up to flip burgers. Some of your children's teachers had straight "C's in school. There are many different forms of intelligence, not just academic. In my experience academic intelligence does not translate well into the real world. You can have straight A's in college, but in the workplace, be totally ineffective.

comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, my kids aren't in school yet. But the last time I checked C's were passing grades... Why would you get upset by that? If they are trying and passing who can ask more?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A grade of 'C' is 70-79 percent and yes, I'd be upset because that means she didn't study like she should have.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• nope thats what i got lol
    happygolucky210

Answer by happygolucky210 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• sometimes people study and they just dont do well in a subject .. i took physics had NO clue what i was doing studying and all..and i scraped by with a C and i tried..worked my butt off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If she tried her best then no. C is passing and that is average. But if she didn't study and didn't really try I would be aggravated because if she did study and try, think of how well she could do. But my daughter is only 2 right now and my son is 11 months. So, I have a little way to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would get upset if my kids got a C for a grade. They have about 2 1/2 more years but I would be very disappointed. School is too easy to get bad grades. Most grades are based on the amount of work you do in class in elementary and middle school. The majority of teachers will even offer tutoring for free if your child is not grasping a concept or at least send home extra homework for practice. I admit there are some crazy teachers out there that not even a Harvard grad could ACE that class, but as parents we need to be pro-active in our child's education.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Homeschool rocks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• First of all, I have to admit that regardless of whether or not she tried, I would be upset. I was a very good student and never got a C myself, so it would be difficult. HOWEVER.... if it was a subject that I knew was not that easy for her and I knew she honestly studied and tried her best, I would not ACT upset about it. But if I thought she wasn't trying, that's another story. We just started PreK with my oldest, so we have a while before I have to worry about grades really, but I do have very high expectations for my children. Education is so important and I want my kids to feel like they should aim to excell, not just get by. That is not acceptable to me.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i pity your kids! i got C's here and there and guess what i went to college got a degree and now have a good job, your kids will sure hate you congrats hard asses!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009