Who here agrees with this? Why or why not?

This is my answer to someone that quit her job to be a SAHM but then wasn't going to have health ins for her child. I think it's 100% a fair statement. If you can't afford to be a SAHM and are on PA and struggling, don't you think you OWE it to your child to keep your job??? Don't get me wrong I know NOT everyone that stays home is on PA.....

You shouldn't have quit until you figured out the insurance thing. I HATE when Women say I'm a SAHM and I am on PA and struggling or my kids have NO insurance because we can't afford it! If you're stuggling go back to work. Don't brag and say your staying home and taking care of your kids but not really. If you can't afford health insurance, you're really NOT taking care of them, now are you?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a SAHM, and I would go back to work before I had to go on PA to get my kid insured.

Although, knowing my husband, he would probably work two jobs before that ever happened....but isn't that part of the stay-at-home gig? You need someone who values you being home with their kid enough that they would work their butt off for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't agree with being a SAHM if you can't afford to do it without PA (barring any kids disabilities)
    If you CAN work, then you SHOULD to support your family
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If it costs over $1400 a month for just three kids to be in daycare and after school care while you bring home $1650 after taxes, why work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• its simple...if you can't afford to stay home, you should work..otherwise, you are taking money from someone who really needs it, and has legitimate inability to provide for his/her family. notice i said 'provide'..not 'lavish extras'. some people work to live; some people live to work; and some people live to let others work for them.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

Did you have those kids KNOWING you couldn't afford them? and that taxpayers were going to pay YOU to stay with them?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009