problems with my son going to bed

my son will not go to bed unless his dad or I lay with him in OUR bed. He was sleeping in his crib then we moved and he got a big boy twin bed and will not sleep in it. i know i started the bad habit by letting this happen but i'm a working mother and going to school its hard! i really need soe advice to get him out! i can stand just shutting him in there!

lovinMYtwins07

Asked by lovinMYtwins07 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he? I know the question is in the 1-2 year range, but there is a big difference between how you do a 1 year old and how you do a 2 year old! lol I would think for a year to year and a half year old you might just have to put the crib back up. I don't recommend taking them out of the crib until they are trying to crawl out. If he is closer to 2 you could do your bedtime routine (bath, brushing teeth, book...etc) then put him in bed. You might have to put him back in the bed several times but it should get easier as you go. There might be a week of really bad nights but hopefully it wont take that long. Good Luck girl!!!!!

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• he is 2 1/2.
    lovinMYtwins07

Answer by lovinMYtwins07 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Its the exact same way for us, we have to get him to sleep in our bed. Sometimes we let him stay, sometimes we move him to his bed once he's asleep. I just don't really worry about it anymore. There will come a time when he'll sleep in his bed on his own again. But I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 14, and we still sometimes have "snuggle time". This is when I hear about what is really going on in her life with school, gossip, boys, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009