any good chicken or pork recipes? no red meat in this house!

would like some new chicken or pork recipes to try! we're open to anything...just dont do red meat! thanks!

lovinMYtwins07

Asked by lovinMYtwins07 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What about putting chicken breasts or pork chops in baking dish with cream of whatever you want and stuffing and baking it's really yummy my grandmother does this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Baked chicken......
    Crush rice crispies mix with half bread crumbs itilian seasoning and other spices. Dip chicken in egg mixtue then in mix and bake at 350 for an hour or until done!
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 11:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Marinade boneless chicken breasts or tenders in 1000 Island dressing for about 30 minutes. Coat in breadcrumbs or whatever you use to make crunchy. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

Pork chops: put the desired amount of dry rice in the bottom of a slowcooker, add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and the milk to make. Add browned and seasoned boneless porkchops on top (can use chicken too), add another can of cream of chicken soup and milk. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3. Check after 1/2 the time to make sure rice isn't mushy. The porkchops will get nice and tender and fall apart into the rice and soup mixture. YUMMY!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am making chicken tomorrow and made my own salsa for it tonight. I got the recipe online. It has 1 and 1/2 red peppers, 1/3 cup of red onions, 2 11 oz can manderine oranges, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup honey mustard, and 1 tbsp of lime juice. You just chop it up and mix and let the salsa marinate itself (I am doing it over night but could be ready in a couple hours). Bake your chicken, and when it is done and ready to serve top with the salsa. This is my first time making it but I am sure it will tast YUMMY! I may add seasonings to my chicken.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Carnitas.

Crockpot.

2 - 4 lbs pork roast/butt
    1 12 oz beer (corona/bud light)
    2 tbsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 tbsp minced garlic
    1 - 2 chopped jalapenos (how spicy do you want it??)
    1/2 bunch cilantro chopped

Put all of it in a crockpot and leave it be. About 8 hours later, serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, HOT SAUCE!, avocado, and whatever you like! This is such a simple, delicious recipe!

If anyone tries it, please let me know how you like it (or not!) :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• btw the jalapeno will make it hot, you can put in 1 whole jalapeno (not chopped) and it won't be spicy but have flavor :) I like it hot, chopped up seeds and all!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If you are interested in meatless recipes, please send me a message offlist.

By the way, pork is red meat.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Pork is red meat, doh!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Take pork chops, stuffing, brown sugar, and sliced apples. Put the apples on the bottom of a baking pan with the brown sugar on top. Place the pork chops on top of that, then cover with the stuffing. Bake in the oven. I have yet to try this, but hear its a wonderful meal!! It sounds good anyway!
    I will cook chicken on the stovetop in zeisty Italian dressing. Then plate with a side of whatever. It gives the chicken a wonderful taste!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 10:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have a couple of friends from France and they both don't think pork is red meat.Surprised me but maybe it's cultural.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009