What do I take??

goin to mexico for 3 weeks and KNOW I will forgett stuff... figure if I ask you ladies it'll help! It 'll be me( 5mos preg.), my 18 mo son, and my SO. I know the obvious but whats not so obvious I might forgett?

K_Chel

Asked by K_Chel at 11:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Travel

• Bottled water!!!!!! Thats what I heard anyway! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• medicine
    jenniferwashere

Answer by jenniferwashere at 11:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• take some mouth n nose covers for urself in case of a swine floating around.
    diapers
    wipes
    water
    have ur emergency contacts ready
    hospital / dr. / nurses number for ur pregnancy
    ur checkbook
    medication / first aid kit
    pen, paper
    clothes cold + hot
    comfortable shoes
    sunscream
    urself
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 8:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Birth certificate
    Sun Block
    Canned food in case theirs doesn't agree with you
    Travelors Checks
    Have fun!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• lots of diapers and wipes, medicines, powdered milk (unless you are breastfeeding then not necessary). You don't have to take bottled water. You can buy it there or you can just boil your water. Sunscreen, clothes for hot and cold as it will be warm during the day but cool to cold (depending on what you consider cold) at night and the early morning. Most places don't have heating or air conditioning. If your son isn't eating foods that you woudl typically find in Mexico then take stuff for him to eat. They make a lot of beans, eggs, fruits, things like that. I would not take any birth certificates your passports are sufficient and you wouldn't want to loose that to somebody. Since you are pregnant stay away from ceviche. Even thought the acid technically "cooks" the fish it is still not safe because there is no heat to kill the germs. If I think of anything else I will come back.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 9:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Unless you are going to a big city or a very touristy city then I wouldn't take travelers checks as most places wont accept them. They usually only take cash so make sure to get you money changed at the airport or another location. Typically you get a better exchange rate outside the airport. I definately wouldn't take your check book as they will not be accepted and you wouldn't want to risk loosing them.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 9:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• thanks ladies!! we're goin to visit fam. so we'll exchange $ as we cross the border... we're takin a BIG BOTTLE OF GERM-X, but i hadn't thought of medical masks... tx for that 1!... my son hasn't had formula or bm either 1 in 8mos so... thats void... don't even HAVE a bank account so no check book... didn't think of taking food cause I've been n the fam for 6yrs but with me bein preggo thats a good idea... THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES!! WE LEAVE FRIDAY MIDDAY SO PLEASE PRAY FOR US TO HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!
    K_Chel

Answer by K_Chel at 11:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009