Why do women need a man to take care of them?

Really? Get an education and a job, and you're set! You don't need a man to take care of you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're right, I don't need a man to take care of me. I have an education, could get a job, and I'd be fine on my own. HOWEVER, I have an amazing man who makes plenty of money for the both of us, and enjoys supporting me. In one week, I'll have my first baby, and I'll be a SAHM...I have everything exactly as I want it, and don't care to work. I love my life the way it is, thanks!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Not all feel they need a man...

many have wised up and have the same attitude
    you do...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If they're SAHM's, then that is their choice. I know plenty of SAHM's who have degrees, but due to the economy felt it was better to stay home with their kids until they at least start school. More power to them.

But those ones who actually look for men to "take care of them" and be their baby's "daddy", then yeah, they need to get an education, a job and take care of themselves.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have an education, and if need be, I could get a pretty good job. But my husband is a wonderful man, he enjoys taking care of me and does a damn good job of it. In return I take care of him. I don't need to walk around pretending I have a penis to feel good about myself. I'm happy in my marriage and love the fact I have a man that loves me so much he would do anything for me. If that pisses you off...IMO you are just jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It's not they all feel they need a man, they get in a situation with a man where the house, car, bills, loans etc. and children make them think twice before leaving. You don't just magically go to school get a killer job and be Miss Independent. I'm sure this is the same anon who posted the nasty comment in the other question about abused moms being lazy. My husband and I complement each other beautifully. Where I'm weak he's strong, vice versa, we have a better life together than alone and are very happy. Do you have an education op? I do but it wasn't that simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• "I have an education, and if need be, I could get a pretty good job. But my husband is a wonderful man, he enjoys taking care of me and does a damn good job of it. In return I take care of him. I don't need to walk around pretending I have a penis to feel good about myself. I'm happy in my marriage and love the fact I have a man that loves me so much he would do anything for me. If that pisses you off...IMO you are just jealous."

Lmao...agreed!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• maybe some women like to be taken cared of. I wouldnt mind if I could stay at home w/my kids instead of going to work. Besides, women that stay at home work as well, they have to take care of the home and children that doesnt get done by itself. Stop being so judgemental and mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We don't need a man, but it's a heck of alot easier to have one helping you out.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I hope she's just speaking of the the woman who fell they don't matter unless they're attached to some guy. As to those women, my mother told my sister and I, even if you have the greatest guy EVER, S*IT HAPPENS! He could die tomorrow and then where would you be? If I had taken that advice, I would have been able to recover from my divorce a little faster. Now I have an awsome man AND the ability to take care of myself and my children should (God forbid) something happen to him.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 11:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Did it ever occur to you that they might LIKE being taken care of? Hell, if my DH made a few hundred K a year, and I could just sit back and relax I sure as hell would!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009