Is $200 a week to much to ask to go to someone's house to babysit?

I have 1 child that I take. Someone called bc of an ad I placed and seemed annoyed that I didn't do housework. I take care of kids that's it. I clean up messes made by the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How many hours will you do per week?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Depends on the job but mostly likely 8 or 9 hours a day M-F.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• that is a bit high to me, but it depends on the age you are watching. If its a child under 2 then no, its not unreasonable. if its a 3-4 year old I think if you are charging that, it would be reasonable to ask you to do housework as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Wow... that's only like $5/ hr! Minimum wage is $7 something, so no i don't think it's too much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• check out care.com. you can put your zip code in and ages of kids to see what you should charge.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 12:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Too high. If you are taking your own kid into the mix.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yes and no. If you break it down by hour it seems cheap. It also depends on where you are. I live where everything else is super expensive and I pay $195/wk for childcare and that's the cheapest I could find. Plus, they don't use my house I take my son to theirs. I think because you're using THEIR house and going to be using their water and electricity you should maybe bring it down to like $150.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wether or not you should be cleaning... that should have been said and clarified when you got hired. Nowadays it just be assumed. If you're not gonna clean..you might wan tto lower it down a bit
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I guess it would depend on how much the person you're sitting for makes. For me, that would be more than half my paycheck, so I wouldn't hire you, b/c I wouldn't be able to pay my own bills then. But for someone making more, it might seem reasonable. In my area, I can get a private babysitter for 2 kids for about $100-150 a week. I can get a daycare for about $160-190. I would check around your area and see how much other people and daycares charge to get a better idea of whether or not it's reasonable.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009