yeast infection! any suggestions?

When I was in my third trimester i developed a yeast infection on my tongue, I was told to put "probiotic" on it and it should help it to go away it does help sometimes but my son is now 4 months old and i am still dealing with it, I hate going to the doctor but if I can't get a handle on this I might have to... anybody else have this issue? What did you do?

childofGod51509

Asked by childofGod51509 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• You should be TAKING a probiotic orally, not just "putting on" your tongue. You need to get Gentian violet (1%), (Walgreen's has it, but you have to ask the pharmacist for it). It's very messy & stains, so be careful. Use a cotton swab and "paint" it onto the affected areas of your mouth. I believe it's 2 times a day for no more than 3 days, but I'm not certain. I would google it just to make sure. Good luck momma!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yougurt with live cultures-( eat some everyday) also you you can take the cultures in pill form. Try not eating yeasty foods such as aged cheeses, wine, breads, grapes,sugar(it feeds the yeast),etc.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009