What is a good brand of fashion boots for thick calves?

Jeiao

Asked by Jeiao at 12:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ooh, good question! I looked all last fall for some that I liked but couldn't find any...my calves are a 16" diameter, and I don't want to stick with ankle boots. I want some sexy boots I can wear with knee-length skirts!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• How "thick" are we talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Anon - my calves wouldn't really muffin-top out of typical boots that I see, but they would fit snugly, and are typically a little tighter than I'd like. I just need ones that have a little more room on average. My calves are fairly muscular, and it just seems like boots are designed for stick-skinny girls.
    Jeiao

Answer by Jeiao at 12:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I hope some one gives you a good answer because i'd really like to know too!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have the opposite problem! There is a HUGE gap and my boots look awful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't know about brands exactly. I know Naturalizer makes wide calf boots. I just found a website called widewidths.com that sells wide calf boots. If you look at Nordstrom.com you can click on Shoes, then Boot shop, and it has a drop down menu that allows you to select calf width (normal or wide, b/c obviously wide is abnormal), among other things.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 1:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Jessica London has some boots that are knee high but the material that comes from the ankle is a stretchy sort of fabric. It looks like leather, and I have had a pair in the past, they are awesome. I have also found a pair like this at Payless, the tops are a spandex blend that hug the calves well.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009