What is the best or funniest unwanted advice you got while pregnant?

I think I just got my favorite one today. An early 20's guy came up to me and told me I shouldn't have headphones on because the noise and vibrations will bother the baby. Do you have any good bad unwanted advice you remember from when pregnant? Please share!

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I jogged 12 ft over to a firend that had called to me (I was 5mos along & wasn't even really showing since I'd only gained 5lbs). Someone (another friend) yelled at me for it, saying I was going to give my baby brain damage from bouncing it like that. I was also told that I could only take cold baths because a hot bath would boil the baby. I walked 5 miles a day, at least a few days a week, thorughout my 1st pregnancy. Someone told me I shouldn't exercise like that because it would cause premature birth.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 3:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• "it must be a boy because you look haggard"
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I just hated that random strangers would tell me what to do and what not do, any of their unwanted and unsolicited advice infuriated me to no end...LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oooooooh! Sarahedger...did ya punch em in the face??? I woulda! Then said..."who looks haggard now you turd???" Some people man!

That's when you wanna say...you grow fingers and toes all day, vomit, have hemroids, be fatigued, and see how hot you look!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I was drinking a coke the other day and this lady walked up to me and said "you look like your with child am I right?" i said yeah and she took the freakin coke out of my hand and said "you shouldn't drink garbage like this are you trying to poison your child"
    I laughed at her and told her if she didn't give me my drink back I was going to poison her!

btw i didnt know this woman it was at walmart she really pissed me off.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• that "cats and babys are bad together" myth.... my old like traditional mexican type neighbor say i had a kitty and i was about 7 months at the time and she goes "omg omg! get your cat out of the house before that baby is born she will kill her by smothering her to lick the milk off!"...
    i know there has been reports of that in the past but thats why you freakin WATCH them.. lol and then ive heard a couple other people say it after that it just annoys me to NOO end.. lol
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• LOL yeah my all time favorite was actually right after having my youngest was born, one of my grandmothers (who is really not the maternal type) saw me eat a piece of chocolate just before i sat down to breast feed my daughter, after i got settled she came over and told me that I needed to lay off the chocolate and drink more beer that it was better for the baby! ROFLOL I almost fell off the couch laughing at her, i then expained that it was an old wives tale.

The same grandmother while i was pregnant told my cousins wife that if she was serious about having children she needed to take a good look at me because that would be her future she said "do you know that she was a size 5 and a model and then she had kids now look at her! You would never know she used to be thin and attractive! You dont want to end up like that!" My mom and dad went nuts, it was funny i just laughed it off its about all you can do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• armymum I had people tell me the same thing, drove me nuts!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• So I have a bunny and I asked other people with pet bunnies how they raised a baby and a bunny. There was someone who responded like the baby will kill the bunny so I should kill the baby first. Get your priorities straight people!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My MIL (who is anti-breastfeeding) told me over and over that I can't b feed because I am lactose intolerant and in order to b feed I would have to drink a gallon of milk a day. She accused my of wanting to starve my son to death since I wasn't going to drink a gallon of milk a day.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009