Have you ever breastfed someone else's child?

my friend said its perfectly normal. she breasfeeds the baby she babysits for. seriously, this is a very legitimate post and i'd like very respectful answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, but I would if there was a baby in need. I mean if you have food to feed a baby and they are hungry...why wouldn't you?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe if there was nothing else to feed her. I wouldn't just breastfeed someones baby "for fun"
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• what????????????????????????????????????????????crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• TROLL..... ANYONE?
    Anonymous

• I think it is fairly common in some countries... not much around u.s.... the thing that bothers me about it is that I would want to know everything that mother has put into her body before she feeds my child that milk and I am not sure I would be comfortable with the bonding of nursing... maybe pump and feed the breastmilk from a bottle... it would depend on who it was for sure... does your friend produce milk? Does she breastfeed her own child also?
    Marcia9043

Answer by Marcia9043 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, and I would be really upset if somebody else would nurse my baby! It's a body fluid... there are so many diseases out there...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 1:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'd do it, if I needed to. what is wrong with taking care of a hungry baby? but on a regular basis, thats not normal, is it?
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hi im the OP. not a troll. why does everyone have to call "troll" just because it is an unusual question?? anyways, my friend told me this a while back and i was curious to see if anyone else did it.
    she babysits a newborn, 6 weeks, i believe. the mom wants to work full time, and give her baby the benefits of breastfeeding. my friend has a 10 month old baby girl she also breastfeeds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I was actually reading a breastfeeding book and it was talking about how a long time ago when babies were motherless for one reason or another they would find lactating nurses to feed these motherless babies. I think in a situation like that I would BF a baby that wasn't mine. But now days I think it would be strange to just start BFing someone elses child. If it was a starving child I would.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't mind breastfeeding someone else's baby, but I wouldn't want anyone else to breastfeed mine. Unless of course I knew the person VERY well and knew for sure they didn't have any contagious diseases, and didn't drink, smoke, or take rx drugs.

My neighbor and her sister nursed each others babies a few times when they'd were babysitting for each other. She always offered me her pumped milk once I stopped breastfeeding, but I just couldn't do it. It would have to come from a milk bank!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009