FOOD!!!

How about another fun question tonight. What is one food dish that reminds you of a family member (like mom, grandma, dad etc). Like everytime you see that type of food item you think... Yummy wish I had some of _______'s recipe because it is amazing.

jroseh68

Asked by jroseh68 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine is shrimp. My mom makes the most amazing seasoned shrimp. Sure wish I had that recipe... maybe I will try to get her to give it to me next time I see her.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Casserole style enchilladas is by far my mom's best recipe!! And taco salad reminds me of my grandma :)
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 1:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Meat loaf, chicken n dumplings and chicken spegetti remind me of my mom. I love it when she makes those things cause I get the left overs!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Turkey...Ham...holidays..remind me of my mom and father
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• soul food reminds me of my mom and yuka reminds me of me grandma mmm mmm : )
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 1:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hubbard squash - My mom used to make a dish from this that was fantastic and I haven't had any since.

Baked sweet potatoes - My husband's Nanny. No one can copy this dish even though she tells everyone what she puts into it. Only she knows how much of each ingredient, but she never measures...lol.

Indian pudding - My Grammy. It is the most delicious dish in the winter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009