pooing in the tub

so ive about had it with my kid...everytime she gets a bath she poops in the tub its like she thinks its a game or something..how can i get her to stop doing it?

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 1:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's not that it's a game. it's that the water relaxes her muscles and allows her to comfortably release. You might try sitting her on the toilet for a good 10-20 minutes before bath time.
    You might also try taking her out of the bath after about 3-5 minutes and putting her on the toilet. GL!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my little one did this..4 times about..
    i told her it was nasty...and .......yeah....it does relax the muscles but still

i told her it was sick she understood...and i slapped her hand too no lie..not hard but she got the point

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Sometimes kids can have a hard time pooing. My son has issues sometimes... he can poo more easily after a nice warm bath. I do not think it is entirely a game or on purpose. Try taking her out of the bath after a few minutes and putting her on the toilet and asking her to poo if she needs to. Tell her that it is not good for her to poo in the tub because it can make her sick and you will be very proud of her if she poos in the potty. If after you put her on the potty and she still does it in the tub maybe would I think of have a negative action for it... like punishing. But I wouldnt make it an extreme punishment and I would make it clear that is is about it being in the tub. You do not want her to associate a negative reaction to pooing because then she may try to not poop and start holding it in and have issues.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my son has done this a few times, but i can always tell it's on accident, because he looks behind him like "what?". i just say "you poo pood in the water. you are supposed to do this in the potty" but he doesn't know how to make poo come out. he just learned out to make pee come out but it's still a surprise when poo comes. you'd think he'd figure #2 out before #1! lol. sorry i know it SUCKS to clean up, and in the middle of bath time things are so hectic already.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oh i have read that it's good to take it and put it in their potty to show them that's where it goes but i only did it once then decided that was too much work! :(
    Stefanie83