how can i loose weight FAST?? (for the military)

Im planning on joining the army by the end of this month, but my recruiter says i need to loose 30 lbs ... i have until the end of this year but i need something that works help!!!

YuliyaBear

Asked by YuliyaBear at 1:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you have weightproblems it will be a constant struggle in the military for you. PT Test, weigh-ins, body fat measurements... and if you're overweight or what the military considers overweight it's not a funny life.
    Otherwise, you should be able to loose 30 pounds til end of the year if you don't eat carbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• slim in 6 / just est right n excrise , and yes pt is all the time everyday, well for the marines,... run run and run
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• PT is everyday for the Army AND Marines... except on weekends.. (maybe) There are some exceptions.

Did they do tape on you? And you STILL have to lose 30 pounds?? O_o
    I'm not a svelte little thing, and I failed weight, but passed tape with flying colors. They do consider weight strictly if you're attempting to re-enlist into any military branch.

Also, if you wait until October - which is a new fiscal year, they'll be a little more lenient on their policies, because it's... a new fiscal year! :]

I would try losing the water weight - stay off salty foods and sugary foods. Less on carbs, more protein. Cutting out soda is definitely a good thing, and stay hydrated 24/7 so your body doesn't feel it has to retain extra water. I could probably do high cardio and strengthening exercises.

My hubby, whenever he feels he's got to lose weight fast - he wears a sweatsuit to the sauna, goes swimming, and uses laxatives. LOL. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son is in exactly the same position you are. He went on the rice and bean diet and after 4 weeks, has lost 40 pounds. You'll have to research the diet. ricediet.com
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The recruiter told my son to eat only foods that grow on a stem a.k.a. vegetarian. He's allowed a coffee mugful of food 6 times a day and all the water and tea he wants. He lost 17 lbs. in the first 3 weeks and has lost 2 inches in the waist. I'm not sure what his total weight loss is now.

He eats oatmeal, barley soups, lentil stews, bean salads and rice with homemade oriental sauces.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• That's only 2 lbs a week if you have until the end of the year. Cut out junk and refined sugar and soft drinks. Drink lots of water. Stay away from fast food and processed food. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Bake your meat/protein. Work out every other day and do cardio on alternate days. It's a do-able thing at your age.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am in the military and my daughter just turned 1 and I still had the baby weight on. I just used this drink called Spark by Advocare and of course PT and lost 20lbs in the past 4 weeks to prepare for a school I have to go to in Nov. Honestly, you are going to be timed for your running so that is absolutely the best way to drop the pounds and make sure you can pass the fit test. To speed the process up though the drink really helped me... is the only energy/weight loss drink I like the taste of and trust.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009