car seat?

Theres so many car seat on the market..the ones w/ good ratings are like 300+ i plan on gettin the Graco
Nautilus its around 150.oo
any one have any suggestions?
my baby is 2 years old. 30 -35 lb

MissJaney

Asked by MissJaney at 1:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard good thing of this seat. The only complaint heard is that it does not make a good booster after the 65 lb. limit in the harness is reached. I would go for it.65lbs will hold them up to probably age 6 and then you could get another hbb booster to use
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 6:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I never paid more than $40 for a carseat. Guess What? My kids survived! I have bought cars for less than $300! Unless you are a horrible driver & driving a death trap, don't waste your money on a luxury carseat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• THe safety first have good ratings too. You can get an alpha, safety first, or eddie bauer for about $150. You can also get the same brand cheaper models for as little as $50. They all meet basic safety standards. The thing with car seats, is to have it porperly installed and have baby buckled in thight with the chest strap at the arm pits. No matter how expenisve the seat, it's worthless if not installed correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i have the cosco scenera it wa $45 at biglots. it reat faces up tp 35lbs and ff upto 40 lbs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We have the Evenflo Triumph and have been very happy with it. We've taken long trips with our son with no problems. The only issue I have with it is that it's wide so if you put it in a center seat in a sedan, it's hard to seat adults next to it. Not an issue in a van or sideseat. You can get it for less than $150. Weight maxes out at 50 lbs forward facing (35 backwards facing) but that may be all you need before moving to a booster of some sort.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have the Graco Natulis for my 4 year old, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Here in California our CHP offices always have a certified car seat tech on hand, and when he installed this for us, he HIGHLY recommended it. Said it was one of the best FF seats on the market.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thank you :)
    MissJaney

Answer by MissJaney at 11:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009