Two or three girls... best friends... age 11 or 12... watch each other masturbate? Is this normal in your opinion?

This just came up. Please dont be rude. Just helpful answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• no, i wouldn't call it "normal", but i wouldn't say its unhealthy either. and yes, ANON 1:46- masturbation at that age is perfectly normal, as most girls begin menstruating between the ages of 9-13... anyway.... back to what i was saying.
    there should be nothing shameful in curiosity, figuring out how things work, exploring your body. that could be highly instructional time for them, simply learning how to do it... watching someone else. anyway. i wouldn't personally make a mountain out of a molehill- if it bothers you greatly, have a talk with her. but don't make it into something shameful, its not. its simple curiosity, and there is nothing wrong with that... you ought to see how boys that age are in the locker rooms!!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, IMO that is not normal at all....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• time to have a talk, that is gross honestly, just no more sleep overs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wtf is with alll the masturbating questions tonight? lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• idk if it's normal but me and my girlfriends did it. ...granted, i was molested and i'm also bisexual ...so. ...that might but a twist on things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• masturbation itself is norma(not sure at 11 & 12)l, but doing it infront of eachother.... No, I honestly don't think that is normal...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm not sure that "normal" is the best word to describe it, but my friend and I did it. We were very curious little girls so we didn't have a problem trying it together. Neither of us was molested, but we both gave up our virginities very young. I think that it depends on how much sex kids are exposed to at a young age on TV and in movies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oh, and why the heck would you think this is normal? lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think there are some trolls around here
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What Anonymous 9:55 said.

Parents tend not to know how to handle it whenever they find out their kids are sexual beings, at almost any age. I think it's better that the two of them figure out how to masturbate together at eleven or twelve than them, say, having sex with a boy--in fact exploring masturbation may put that off, since they'll have a way to handle sexual feelings on their own.

Not that I would ever promote that youngins do this, but I think they've got a great idea: they can talk about what they're experiencing, share notes so to speak. It took me until I was nineteen to figure out how to get myself to orgasm. Maybe if I had someone I trusted that much I could have figured it out sooner! :o)
    pregpostmassage

Answer by pregpostmassage at 1:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009