Whats the best way to get a group of moms together? (Who've never met)

I'd love to get a group of moms together one of these days, but how can I make it enticing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You could start by posting at your local library for a mom's day out luncheon at a local restaurant (maybe a Panera's or similar?) & make it RSVP so you know how many you'll have.

If you have a park or fast food restaurant's playspace nearby, you could try to start a weekly mom get-together w/preschool playgroup.

If you have a hobby that you think others might be interested in, you could host a party at your home, specifying moms only. Something like a mom's scrapbooking party with themed nights (ie...baby's first photo pages or first day of school pages, etc.)....Or if you like to bake, with the holidays coming up you could advertise for a cookie exchange party (everybody brings several dozen of one kind of cookie)....Or if you like to read, try to put together a mother's bookclub at your local library, etc, etc.

You could actually host all of these things at your local library, and usually for free.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• There was a mom in our area who arranged a play group with other mom's with children of about the same age to meet at an indoor play area, which was very public. She suggested that everyone wear the same color so that everyone was easy to spot and they met about once a month.
    I went to one playgroup but found out my granddaughter was much younger than the other children and I was much older than the mom's and I felt out of place so I didn't go back.
    But I have heard many positive comments about the playgroups!
    She also arranged for the mom's and their children to meet at various local places where they could enjoy the activities. I think they've been to Chuck E. Cheese, The Bug Box, and some sort of pottery place. Oh, and an ice cream place, too. They always arranged to get deals at these places or meet on discount days to save everyone money.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009