Who all here has had more than one miscarriage?

I was just wondering because my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 2 1/2 months, then I had a perfectly fine pregnancy the 2nd. The third pregnancy I had a miscarriage at 3 months. Does anyone know of something that could cause this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• nope. just one. but it was triplets. second time i was pregnant it was twins.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had 4 before my first child, 4 after my first child, and an ectopic pregnancy. I had two more children without any more problems after that. They never did give me a reason why I had so many miscarriages.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My sister has had quite a few. The first 2 pregnancies was fine. Then she got pregnant again later lost that one...got pregnant again with twins and lost them...had another one but lost that one...then with my 3 year old neice she was suppost to be a twin but lost the other baby but my neice survived...now she just had another baby. I believe she has PCOS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have had two miscarriages. I have a 6 year old and a 15 month old and the miscarriages were in between them. I think mine had to do with hormones because with my 6 year old I was on the pill for a year and then less than a week after I stopped it I was prego with her. With my 15 month old I was on the pill for 4 months and then less than a month after I quit the pill I was prego with her. With both miscarriages I hadn't been on the pill. I think that maybe my hormones are out of whack but maybe the pill balances them enough to support a pregnancy. Now, that just the way I see it. It could be something totally different. My doctor said it isn't unusual for a woman to have 2 miscarriages but they don't usually investigate what the problem is until after the 3rd.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have had 2 miscarriages. One at 4 weeks, one at 5 weeks. Most women have at least 1 miscarriage in their life but many do not realize it because it is around the time of their period. I have a friend who has had 5 miscarriages. For her it is a genetic problem and it is horrible for her because she makes it to like 5 or 6 months before she miscarries. By what I know they don't worry about it until the 3rd or 4th miscarriage.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2009