why does aunts and uncles and cousins add you to face book and such?

Why does family add you to facebook and things when they dont answer your messages? I have been trying to add my cousins, never done a thing to them and they will not add me. M y aunt has me on hers but will never answer me. I dont understand. I know mom never wanted me but i feel like i should vanish since the others treat me below level. Only because my moms hubby was and is still ajail bird. I am paying for what he has done as well as my mom being a begger. I do not understand and wish i would die almost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• They are spying and it sucks. My family does that to adds me to things wont answer me but talks among each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'd say it probably has nothing to do with you. Lots of people have facebook accounts, but don't really use them. Try not to take it personally.....and, if they really don't have a relationship with you because of your mother's behavior, pick an aunt you trust...or cousin, and try talking to them, and letting them know that you're not your mother. Try to slowly build your relationships, or build your own support network with friends.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ive tried telling them im not mom and told them unlike her i go to school work two jobs etc i dont kno what else to think it is dissapointing. my own daughter wont get to meet them because they resint me because of my pathetic mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i think people just add on FB because they wanna look like they got a ton of friends,its an online popularity,i deactivated mine because my old friends never even reply to me or post something i can reply about (example post is all about work and what so and so said) but ofcourse your little picture makes it seem like they got one more friend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think some family members just like the first said spying
    they just want u to run after them or to see what ur doing

i personally dont keeep people even family in my life if they dont talk to me so if you keep trying its just more of a satisfaction to them
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You're reading WAYYYY too much into it. I have a facebook account that I check maybe twice a week. I have a lot of friends on the account...and a lot of friend requests that I haven't gotten around to checking.

It means NOTHING, really...it's not a commentary on you. Not one bit of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree, it's not always a personal thing. Some people don't check it very often.

Plus, and I'm NOT saying you're doing this, but some people don't bother with reading a lot of messages and stuff if it's a lot of forwarded this or that, or it's written in a lot of text slang. Again, I'm NOT saying you do that, but if there isn't a lot of punctuation, or the words are all abbreviated a lot then it's hard for them, and the tendency is to just say "never mind, I'll read it later".

Then they never get to it.

Instead of going into how you aren't your mom (believe me, I understand that situation), just email them and ask how they are, or better yet, call them and ask how they are. When they see you aren't all drama and a mess, then things could get better.

If not, remember friends are the family you get to choose. Blood isn't the only way to make families - ACTIONS are what really make them.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have alot of my family on my fb. I am surprised some have a fb account as they don't seem to be into computers, and don't seem to be on fb at all. I have 2 family members that I sent requests to a while back and have not heard. I just assume they are either not on fb much, or they don't know their way around fb yet and have not figured out the request stuff yet. I don't take it personally. My mil is on fb alot, alot although she does not understand the request stuff yet. My hubs points it out to her, and then goes thru and accepts or deletes for her.. and then next time he is there she has a bunch more to go thru....

For your family it may be best to just let them come to you. if your cousins want to add you, let them send the request. For your Aunt- maybe she is not on fb and does not see the messages. Maybe she is only there to keep tabs on you, if it bothers you either ignore or delete her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2009