baby achne?!

my 2 week old has this and i was wondering how to make it go away

2.tyme.mom-2-be

Asked by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 2:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could also be heat rash, that's what my son had when I thought he had acne at that age. You can also make sure you are using unscented, dye-free laundry detergent, no softener, and use no soap on the face during baths. Also try washing your clothes in the same stuff since your baby's skin comes in contact with your clothes as well. No lotions or anything like that on the face either, as even baby lotions have some harsh chemicals in them-my son's ped. just told us to use vaseline instead. If you are already doing all of that and he still has it, it will probably just go away on its own in a few weeks to a month.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 3:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i would put baby lotion on my daughters face after her bath everyday and it pretty much went away, maybe if you try the aveno lotion on your baby's face might work.
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't think there in anything you can do. From everything I have read about it it will just go away by itself
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• its normal, and nothing bad. dont pick at it it could hurt your baby and inflame and irritate them more. just let them be. theyll go away on their own.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• thats all true but there is a cream you can buy at walmart target or kmart that is specially for this it doesnt have the oils that lotions do and it also helps with craddle cap its called baby acne cream!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 3:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter had baby acne too. It went away all by itself, no reason to worry.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It should just go away in a month or so. My daughter had it and I remember it being gone by around 2 months. Not much you can do for it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009