does doing Kegels ever make your stomach muscles hurt?

So I tried doing Kegels tonight while being frisky with the hubs, and this is the first time I've really actively tried to do them. Well during and after I felt sort of crampy in my stomach. Is that normal or am I doing it wrong or something? Is there any risk of bringing on contractions or anything? I'm 8 months pregnant.

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 3:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The crampy was probably from the sex not the Kegels.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Kegels shouldn't affect your stomach muscles at all, just your pelvic floor muscles. The best way to know if you're doing them correctly is to try stopping the stream of urine when you're peeing; that's what Kegels are. And orgasm can cause contractions, so that's probably what the cramping is; but no reason to worry, it won't bring on labor until your body is ready for it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2009