Biggest Loser?

I watch the biggest loser tonight and was totally inspired!! These people are sooo big and are ready to change their lives...I want to lose 60lbs by my 29th birthday (4/27/10) and these poeple are losing 10-20lbs. in a week. Has anyone here on Cafemom ever lost a significant amount of weight?? I know I can do it because I just watched them do it and I am not as nearly as big (180lbs and 5 ft tall) but I know for myself I need to be around 115-120lb to be healthy and be here for my family....anyone else inspired by this show?

Kimx3babies

Asked by Kimx3babies at 3:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I love the show too and boy last nights was a tear jerker. I think losing weight that quickly is not a good thing though and some of them have gained weight back. The way they do it, you certainly need to be under a doctors care.
    Avoid potatos and rice.When eating out, replace that with a salad or other veggie instead. Meals should consist of small portion of protein small portion of startch carbs and huge portion of veggies. Eat healthy snacks few times a day. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes because of my weight and what I told you here is what I learned. Its all about moderation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Hello, I myself have set a goal to lose 50 pounds by new years. My goal is to lose ten pounds a month and I started in Aug, I lost ten pounds. In September it has slowed down a bit, but that is because I switched my routine up. It is all about moderation. You never want to restrict yourself from something unless you plan to never eat it again. You have to make sure you eat and eating 6 small meals a day to include a few snacks will help speed up your metabolism. You also have to work out. I will send you my workout and you can make changes and add or take away from it depending on what you can do. But yes it is possible to lose the weight but you want to lose it in a healthy way. Ten pounds a week is not heathy but the goal you have set is reasonable with hard work and dedication. We can work at it together. Also only weigh yourself once a week, the same time every week.
    n.kelli

Answer by n.kelli at 3:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I love the show too, its awsome and inspiring... I have about 100 pouds to lose to be considered at my healthy weight .... I just reciently gained most of it with the birth of my 3rd baby and cant seem to get it off. I even went as far to buy all the biggest loser stuff but after awhile it was just to hard to eat that way and be at home in the reality of the real world with kids, jobs, and family so I gave up. I haven't given up all hope though I just started weight watchers and it seems to me to be whole hell of alot less stressful and I am loving the food. I think for everyone you have to find out what is best for you and your life style and keep your head up and keep going which is the whole goal behind the biggest loser! Good Luck on your journey!!:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009