Sewing machine help!

Ok so I have a newer Brother Model sewing machine. It doesnt have anything fancy on it, It does have a large number of different stitches and everything but I still have to thread the needle and everything. Anyways. When I go to thread the bobbin, it just wont thread. I cleaned it out making sure that there wasn't any large pieces of fabric or anything stuck and thats not it. Any idea on how to fix this or what it could be?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 3:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The needle won't grab the bobbin thread and pull it up? The only time I have that problem is when I haven't gotten my bobbin thread around the little catch in the bobbin casing properly.

And yeah, I'm a dumb*ss and do it far more often than I care to admit.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I *had* a Brother until I realized that they're a bit more trouble than they're worth, simply because I had so many bobbin issues that I could never use the damn thing for more than an hour before something else happened. I also hate how the instruction manual isn't very helpful, granted this could just be me and my sheer resntment for my old machine... Anywho, if you have a push in bobbin make sure that the bobbin is threaded in the right direction (left/right) so that when your machine is running it actually pulls it easily and you can aviod tension issues, breaks, clogs, etc.
    GinnyGreer

Answer by GinnyGreer at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• When you load the bobbin into the bobbin holder and pull on the thread make SURE that the bobbin is turning clockwise otherwise it is in backward and won't sew at all
    Di56

Answer by Di56 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009