have any of you moms had a tummy tuck?

is it more painful than a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• i haven't, but my aunt did. it is considered a major surgery, and most patients do not understand that because it is classified as cosmetic. this is major surgery and yes, it is alot more painful than a c-section and the recovery time is longer and harder, your incision line will be much longer and your time under anesthesia longer also.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would say that was the most painful surgery I have ever had. I thought it would be like a c-section but oh how wrong I was. It was worse!! Coughing out the anesthesia was hard, moving was hard, I could not wear button up pants like jeans for nearly 4 months. I was bruised and swollen and did not see any results until 3 or 4 months after. The TV shows fail to show how painful the recovery is. You are basically cut from end to end and your skin and abdominal muscles are pulled tight. All the excess skin is cut off and a new belly button is punched in place. Ouch..I was on valium to keep the muscles from contracting and Tylox for the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009