Anybody else blind out there? Any other options to Lasik out there?

I'm not completely blind yet, I was hoping for lasik but I found out my vision is too bad for that! Was a shock to me considering I thought lasik was to correct problems like this! Dr said my cornea is to thin to be shaved and corrected!!! Are there any other options!? If you understand vision, my contacts are -7.50 right eye, -6.50 left eye and dropping! My glasses have to have the most expensive high powered lense so my eyes don't look magnified or they'd be 2 inches thick! I HATE being blind!!! What other options are there???

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• My contacts are -7.50 too and my glasses are -8.75 and -9.00! And my glasses cost around four to five hundred dollars.

The only thing my doctor said could help me is Visian ICL. It's a surgery to implant contacts (fake corneas) underneath your iris right in front of your natural lense. They're removable if your eyes get worse or something happens. The surgery time is about the same for Lasik and Lasek and from what he said it's not painful at all and you have a quick healing time. The only thing that's keeping me from it right now is that your eyes have to stay fairly constant for two years and mine haven't leveled off yet. Oh, and the money of course. It's super expensive.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 7:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009