I need some real answers to my weight and health issues.

I am 43 years old, for the last 10 years I have been stuck in my house except when I go to the store or pick up my kids from school. I am on disability because of re-accuring brain tumors. So I have basically lost all the social skills I once had. I am now very shy around people. I don't have any friends. So I have decided that enough is enough and I want to get in shape and energetic again, but I don't know how to take th first step. Could someone please tell what I do. I don't have the money to join a gym or buy any for my house and I can't afford special food for me with 3 other guys in the house.

shyshelly

Asked by shyshelly at 6:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• The only real way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you take in. You don't have to buy special foods really, I substituted 1% milk for whole, 100% whole wheat bread for white, less salt, yogurt for pudding, frozen yogurt or ice pops for ice cream, etc. As far as not having money for the gym, do you live somewhere you can walk? I have a friend that lost over 100 pounds just by walking a mile a day. Cleaning house is exercising, especially chores like vacuuming and scrubbing the tub. Good Luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If you can't walk around where you live (or the weather is bad,) you can always go to a mall or big box store and walk around for an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• google at home excercises. all you need is a couple of plastic bottles you can fill with water and a chair. isometrics can be done anywhere! if you have cable tv or dish, find a fitness channel and start with one of their regularly aired shows like yoga or even dancercize. you can do this for free at home everyday.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• if you are going to walk, work up a sweat - don't just walk for the sake of walking...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009