• In the Spotlight:

What qualifies an anti-semite to call those who disagree with him racist?

Carter, aka the worst president in history, celebrated his 85th birthday by saying people disagree with Obama because they are racists. Not because he spent more money in 6 weeks than most presidents do their entire term, not because he has no experience, not because his pet agency is being whistleblown with massive fraud (finally made NBC), not because he's pushing legislation nobody wants. Nope, it's because everyone is a racist. Just because he's one, where's his proof that everyone else is, too?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am from GA and am so embarrassed by Carter. Every time he opens his mouth to comment on current political happenings, I shudder and prepare myself for utter left-wing idiocy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Of course people are racist. Is everyone a racist? No. But this is the first black president. There will be people who do not like him because of this. Is a Wilson one? I am not sure, but what he did was inappropriate. You do not have to agree with what the president is saying, but an outburst like that will get you no where. The fact is that whether you like it or not he was voted in. So someone out there agrees with him and his policies.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• "The fact is that whether you like it or not he was voted in. So someone out there agrees with him and his policies."

really? is that what all the hubbub is about? geez, that answers everything! carter is stupid, everyone knows that...see how easy it was to make my opinion sound like it was common knowledge? carter would know a racist when he sees one; just because he's democrat, has no bearing on his racist character. (i know, shocking!) likewise, just because someone voted for bo, doesn't mean they are still happy with his actions..it just means they are too proud to say ''oops''.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Carter is still human. When you think he was a bad President it is your personal opinion. He has the right to say what he thinks.

I did not vote for Obama but some of the attacks are racially motivated. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Carter, the worst president in history? That is a mouthful. I do think that some people who are against Obama are racist, but blame it on his policies. It's a great scapegoat. BUT, I definitely do not believe that all who are against him are racist, that's a bit ignorant. But, being down here in the south....um, yeah. I know quite a few folks down here who are total racists and/or prejudice...but they mostly blame it on his policies. They deny the racist part. Of course when no one is looking & they're surrounded by they're other racist friends, the racist Obama jokes start flying. This racist CRAP is all over my office, there is no denying that there is SOME truth to Carter's statement.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This Question has Hypocrite written all over it.  So you can call Carter anti-Semitic because he is against Israel slaughtering all the innocent Palestinians....against them using ILLEGAL WARFARE on the Palestinians and AGAINST Israels ILLEGAL Settlements. 

Yeah Right....you don't want to be called a Racist....yet you are doing the same exact thing. 

Nice Try Slick.

realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 8:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• So you can call Carter anti-Semitic because he is against Israel slaughtering all the innocent Palestinians.

I can call Carter an anti-Semite because he has put it in writing, and because nearly half his staff quit once the book came out and he refused to apologize for calling Palestine apartheid. He is publicly and proudly on record as an anti-semite. But nice dodge. Would you care to answer the actual question now?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• NotPanicking has made many comments that lead me to believe she is quite prejudice herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

And we all respect and hang on every word of such sage anonymous stalkers like you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You need to get your facts straight: Carter says he is NOT an Anti-Semite

Straight from his mouth to your ears.

Now to answer your HYPOCRITICAL question.  I think it's wrong calling people racist just because they don't agree with Obama (some are and some aren't), just as I think it's wrong you call Carter anti-Semitic.

So go ahead and throw yourself into the "pot" with the rest of them "kettle"..

realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 8:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2009