Wth! Tmi!

I went to the bathroom a few mins ago an when i went to wipe there was alot of greenish color mucus i had to wipe like 5 time to get it all it was alot! Ive been have greenish color mucus for awhile now but its only been tiny bit but this time it was triple the amount i usually use! Anyone know if this is normal? Or wth it is? Im 38wks 4d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get to the Dr. immediately! Anytime something happens during your pregnancy like this you need to go be checked. Better safe than sorry dear!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would at least call your doc. It could be meconium from the baby ( that is their first bowel movement). It should not be coming out but it is also dangerous for the baby because it gets into their lungs and can cause problems it happened to my nephew. Hope you find something out soon.
    ktootalu

Answer by ktootalu at 8:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Op here doc knows about me having the little bit of mucus here an there an he doesnt seem to concern about it he in fact told me it was normal! Ive just never have lost this much it kinda looks like snot real nasty looking it doesnt smell i have a call into the doc office im waiting for him to call back might be awhile though because he is delivering a baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe you lost your mucus plug?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm not sure if it's anything serious but it sounds like you have an infection. you should call your doctor and ask to be seen so you can get ann antibiotic for it if it is an infection. you would rather be safe than sorry.
    crazy8

Answer by crazy8 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mucous shouldn't be green. Sounds like an infection.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Anything green could definitely be an infection, especially if it has an odor. It may be old blood, but I would definitely call your doctor since you are so close to delivery. Hope everything is ok
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Op here now its like a yellowish clear color! An before it wasnt green it was a greenish color ive had this for awhile now an doc knows about it! But now its still coming out an its like a yellowish clear color im still waiting on doc to call me back! But im starting to think its my plug coming out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• if it is your plug, it will keep coming out. it keeps rebuilding itself. it might stop for a week, then start back.
    even if it's greenish, then dr should still look at it and make sure it's not an infection.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009