Are you serious??? If you call Obama a liar its racist??

Republican US Congressman Joe Wilson faces notoriety and claims of racism after heckling President Barack Obama

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/world/09/16/09/obama-heckler-india-lover

What does calling him a liar to his face have to do with racism??
I called my brother a liar to his face yesterday ! Def not racism .
This is so pathetic.
What do you think>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Didn't you know, since we've had a black president everything said is a racial slur.
    It's stupid & people need to grow up.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OP--I agree I saw that on the news and I busted out in laughter and sais seriously??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What I can't believe is that NOW Jimmy Carter is crawling out from under his rock and proving once again that he thinks with a peanut. I'm sick to death of race having to be an issue - this crap is political not racial - Wilson didn't call him a liar because Wilson is a racist - he called him a liar because he believes the president is not being truthful and is skirting the factual loopholes in the bill proposed.
    Obama didn't lack experience because he is black (or half black) he didn't make promises and then not keep them because he is black, he hasn't done anything because he is black - except to accept that he is the first black president (which is actually a very high honor) I'm proud to know that America can vote for a black man to be president - I just don't think Obama had enough experience going in...period. All his speeches are vague and his policies so far are biting us in the butt.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I love how people pull the race card all the time when they feel threatened, and don't how to handle it.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Its not about calling him a liar. Its the timing and place. He couldn't contain himself in a respectable situation. If you think that is okay, than i will walk into my job this afternoon and tell my boss in his face "You lie" than i will see if i will be employed after that. Its about respect and Wilson had non for his boss, the commander in chief. That screams racism to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with anon:02.
    The place & timing were just wrong. But seems most people just don't understand that. Sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Its about respect and Wilson had non for his boss, the commander in chief.

The President isn't Wilson's Boss.. The Constituents of South Carolina are Wilson's boss. The President is the boss of the military. He is the boss of his Czars. He is the boss of his cabinet. He is NOT the boss of Congress... That is why we have the checks and balances we have. WOW anon...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I thought it was the vp that presides over the senate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• anon..disrespect does not 'scream racism' unless you are the one being disrespected by someone you deem inferior. technically speaking, the "highest office in the land" would be looked upon as superior, with everyone else lower or inferior. so, with this in mind, and what you just said, THERE WAS RACISM SCREAMED ALL OVER THE PLACE THE LAST ADMINISTRATION...but it was ok, because W was an idiot....AND HE WASN'T BLACK.
    now i get it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• grlygrlz2.....But they are not on the same level. He still should have some respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009