I am currently37 weeks and 90% effaced and 4cm dilated. Anyone have any suggestions on how much longer it will be?

ConAusSamJam

Asked by ConAusSamJam at 8:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Damn wish i was were your at lol! Im 38wks 4d an im 3cm an 50% effaced an he is at a -2 station! But u might stay like that till your due date! Ive been 3cm for 3wks now! But gl walk an have lots of sex!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• another day or so if that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I know this is not what you want to hear but it could be hours, days and even weeks. Being x cm dilated is not an indication of when labor will start, you can go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many many weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Your body is preparing, but you can walk around like that for weeks. It's quite common not to finish dilating at all until the last moments of labor.

Those numbers that they give you mean absolutely nothing in terms of when labor will start. Really, women would be better off not knowing. If they hear "good" numbers they get excited then dissapointed when their body has other plans and think something is wrong when there isn't. If they hear "bad" numbers they think they will never go into labor and think there is something wrong with them when there isn't. Either way is unnecessary stress.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• seriously, its a total crap shoot. Just because it sounds promising doesn't mean you won't stop progressing or just not go into labor for another few weeks. Unless you have a family history of going into labor early, I would say the d and e stats are fairly irrelevant. I was 0 for both of those things at 39 weeks and still my water broke five days early and I had her the next day. You truly never know.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 2 weeks ago I was 37 weeks pregnant, 4 centimeters 70% -2 and that night me and my husband had sex and I went into labor!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 10:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you can never tell. if you went early w/ the first, then you might w/ this one, or you might not. every baby and pregnancy are different. just remember 40 wks is the middle point. full term is 38-42 wks and many women still go over the 42 wk mark. i would just relax and enjoy this time w/ your lil one before the new baby comes. and use this time to get him ready for the new baby.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• try walking and that should get things moving. I would say you are very very close.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It could be another few hours (I went from 4 to 10 in 40 minutes with one) or it could be weeks (I was 4 cm, 80% effaced and +2 station, MUCH lower than your baby, at 35 weeks with my second and still didnt have her til 38 1/2 weeks) So there REALLY isnt any telling. It doesnt mean anything unless you are contracting. Your early labor (1-4 cm) is already done so once you start contracting, you will be in active labor (4-7cm)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009