Back child support? How do you collect if the state agency can't find the non-custodial parent?

I am owed at least $50,000 and need help with my son's college tuition. Has anyone got any ideas how to get the "state" child custody dept. to beef up their act and look for my "ex" who does not work (according to his SS # not being reported to the collection agency". I would appreciate any advice/help. Thank you!

Marcia

Asked by Marcia at 8:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• maybe look into a private investigator?
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Do you have an idea of what state he is in? There is a service Publicdata.com where you can search for him by name - I don't think the it covers ALL states, but it's worth a try. You get a years worth of searches for like $39. Once you find his name (knowing there can be multiple people with his name) you can cross reference that with his birthday and get pretty close to an idea of where he is. I don't know where you go from there unless you go there and document for the agency that he IS working and where he is working. It's worth a shot. I'm not sure that they actually do a physical check - they just rely on what the computer system tells them. Private investigator might be the only way to go.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Try to google his/her name.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009