My dog is sick...take her to a vet or wait?

I have no idea why but for 1 whole day my 3 year old dog has been vomiting nad having dirreah everywhere! I don't see anything around that she could've gotten into, except that maybe my son gave her cat treats. Do you think I should take her to a vet or wait to see if she gets better on her own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pets

• take her to the vet. dogs can get viruses - i had two dogs who passed around a diar. virus for weeks.

worms can also cause what's happening to your dog. Get her in!!!! Hope she's ok, please write back!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It could be parvo virus. Get him to the vet immediatly or he will die. It does not take long for them to become so sick and dehydrated that they can't turn around. Please take the dog in asap.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• For 3 days? I would take him to the vet right away. They can become dehydrated and get even worse. I agree with Carajust
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My husband decided we should wait and now that it's been a few days it seems she is soing better. I talked to my sister who had a dog who had the parvo virus and she said to watch out for my dog not eating/drinking and being lathargic....which she wsn't any of those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009