What do you think about playdates? I need to go more to meet other moms rather than having a play buddy for my boo...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My children had three kinds of playdates. One was where the moms took turns dropping off the children to play. Another was an organized playdate where one day a week the moms dropped off the children for a couple hours of organized play- each mom contributed a special interest or skill when it was her turn, and the most fun for the moms was the coffee/play date where the moms brought their children, and while the children played, the moms sat and had coffee and coffee cake and enjoyed chatting with one another. Be sure that you get to know the moms first- I wouldn't just invite any woman into the house, perhaps a neighbor that you've spoken to for a while and other friends, or someone you met on the playground and seen how she is around her children, etc.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Public libraries are great places to meet moms and bookstores too. They have free programs for little ones up to highschool!!! And you can go to any public library, doesn't have to be a certain one.
    When my youngest was little there was a women's group in my area who held meetings for the moms and separately elsewhere on site playgroups during those meetings.

Maybe that group was a MOPS, Mothers of Preschoolers? I can't remember. The one 'chapter' I went to had religion as part of it but I'm not sure if the entire organization has a reilgious background. Maybe some other moms know what group I'm talking about? I don't know if you'd be interested in a group like that or even if it's still around.

I just kept googling too moms groups and centers until I found one I liked. Good Luck!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2009