How many pairs of shoes does your child have...how many is to many?

I was in my 7 yo dd's closet hanging her laundry and organizing her games when I got to the shoes lining the floor. I started to count, this child has 18 pairs of shoes 3 of which are still in the box! I think I might have a thing for shoes, am I crazy?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I love shoes for my dd also, she has 4 pairs of boots, (one for winter, 2 dressy, 1 rain) 4 pairs of cool looking everyday shoes, 2 dressy 2 sandals, and one pair of flip flops, and one pair of water shoes. I'm lucky as her feet grow slowly! lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yes, I found the less my kids have the easier it is for them to choose, too much just confuses them.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My older child is a boy, so we don't have as much of a shoe problem, he's got 5, and they all have specific uses like soccer, school, etc. I have noticed with my DD (4) that she really likes pretty shoes, but I still try to limit her to one pair of each style. right now she has 5 pairs of regular shoes and 3 pairs of dress-up shoes (these don't leave the house).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• 18 is a lot. For school, she only has 3 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of sneakers.
    In the summertime she usually gets about 4 pair of sandals and flip-flops. My daughter is 7; my son is also and he has one pair of shoes that he will probably never wear and has 3 pairs of sneakers and a pair of boots for the winter.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My 6yo has a pair of school shoes (she has to wear dress shoes), gym shoes, a pair of flip-flops, crocs and that's it, I think. My 3yo has more but they are mostly hand me down shoes. There are actually a bunch of shoes in our rack that don't fit anyone. The older girls outgrew them and they are too small for the 3yo right now.
    My son has his school shoes and his gym shoes and that is it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• As fast as kids outgrow shoes, this is wasteful

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My kids grow out of their shoes almost as quickly as I buy them - I'm lucky I can keep them in tennis shoes and dress shoes!

Answer by missanc at 10:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My kids have 3 pairs of shoes each. 1 pair of tennis shoes, 1 pair of crocs for the summer and yard play, and 1 pair of semi dress/ casual shoes. They also have 1 pair of rain boots. When winter comes around I will buy some heavy boots depending on what type of winter we have, since our winter can consist of 30's in the morning, 80's by noon, and low 40's by time the sun sets.

Kids outgrow shoes too quick to have multiple pairs. It never fails that when I buy shoes they have a growth spurt and only wear them for a couple of weeks....
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have two boys, ages 7 and 3. The older has 2 pairs of sandals and 3 pairs of sneakers. The youngest has 2 pairs of sandals and one pair of sneakers. They grow out of shoes to fast to spend money on tons of pairs of shoes.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son has 4 pairs of flip flops, two pairs of sandals, 4 pairs of sneakers, football shoes, soccer shoes, baseball shoes and basketball shoes. Not cheap to keep him in sports shoes but we only have on child so not that big of a deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009