I was curious if anyone has had a child/infant that has experienced red spots on their skin?

There are only about 10. My son doesn't seem to be bothered by them, no fussiness, no temp, no itching. They are different sizes and just red. There are no other details I can notice. I have thought chicken pox, rash, bug bites. I have put alcohol on them, given him benedryl, and put cortizone on them. The swelling has gone down, but they are still red. Any comments would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Barbs2boys

Asked by Barbs2boys at 9:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• eczema, thats what happens to my daughter, try aveeno,aquaphor,eucerin lotions all three are really good with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my daughter actually gets theses as well. But i never put much thought into it because i thought they were just bug bites. They don't bother her at all, and they disappear in about a week. My daughter spends alot of time outside. But now you have me worried it could be something else !
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• How old is the child and where did the rash start? Did it start after eating something he hasn't eaten before? Could be hives. If he developes a fever in the next couple days could be Roseola...it's going around here. And I wouldn't recommend putting alcohol on them espescially if you don't even know what it is. Good luck
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• They sound like heat rashes my daughter's gotten, she's a teen and she got them til just about a year ago in the spring into the fall. Has he eaten any foods to get hives from? Try writing a journal of his foods before and during these episodes. There is a virus called Fifth's Disease that is a rash with lacy type design to it but I think if your son is underschool age it's probably not that - that is just a virus that passes it's not a long lasting disease.

Are the bumps raised or flat? Keep notes to have ready to ask your ped if you want to. If ds's in daycare or preschool see if there's something going around. Hope your son doesn't worsen!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thank you everyone for the great comments and concerns! They actually went away in a couple days. I think they were just bug bites. He spent the day outside at his grandma's house.
    Barbs2boys

Answer by Barbs2boys at 10:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009