10 MONTH OLD SLEEP QUESTION

my son used to sleep 6-8 hrs a night and have two 1 1/2 hr naps during the day. lately hes been sleeping non stop hes cranky wont stop screaming at me even when im not bugging him (hes very independent) i try baby crackers for teething incase its his teeth motrin orajel juice formula water but he still wont stop screaming or crying long enough to take a nap! hes been sleeping 2-3 hrs at a time at night waking up at 3-4 am and staying awake wont sleep unless hes sleeping on my chest. im not letting him half the time i get him really sleepy and tired on my chest then put him in his crib. hes been refusing his formula but isn't able to drink regular milk because hes lactose sensitive. im t my wits end with him lately because im so tired i cant handle it. i often have to put him in his room in his crib with a couple toys and put myself on time out maybe 3-5 times a day. help?

armyissuedwife2

Asked by armyissuedwife2 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like there is more then one issue here. Have you had his ears checked? Sometimes it's not very obvious. Teething is probably playing a role, and not every baby get's relief form tylenol or orajel, and then it is possible that he is in a growing spurt (explaining his weird sleeping habits). Combine any combination and it make for a miserable baby and frustrated momma.

I would see if there is anyone who could give you a little break, just enough to recollect yourself. But at the end of the day you have to remember that he is miserable, but it will pass, it's just going to require every ounce of patience you have.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2009