Good moms make mistakes too

I just wanted to say that cus no one is perfect, even people on here who think that they are have made a mistake somewhere along the line, but are just to scared to admit it, I can and have admitted to mine and gotten lots un needed greif for it...
So I am curious who else on here knows they are good moms and what kind of mistakes have you made that might make someone judge you otherwise unless they know you?

Mistakes in things like parenting, personnal life/relationships, youth, pregnancy, anything......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh yeah If you havent made a mistake in your life there is something wrong with you. Ive made a few and dont regret them only bc it has either made my relationship stronger or made me the person that I am today. We all do it and if you dont then seriously look at your life alot better....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You damn right everyone makes mistakes! Right now I try to be the best mom I can be without mistakes. But it happens to all of us!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ALL moms make mistakes. Now or later, it will happen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I can say I have made bad judgement call about raising my DD's I have been judged by my own DD, the oldest one. She says I was a terrible MOM. And refuses to speak to me because of it.
    You know, you only get one chance to raise your kids. She does not care that I was a single mom for 10 years of her life and I was a teen mom. And that I did not have any support from my family. I did what I thought was right at the time. She does not care to try to understand any of it.
    So strangers on here that judge me, is easy to deal with. Compared to family judging me.

Answer by louise2 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Everyone is always critical! I gave my son the pacifer and OH BOY the grief I got with that one! AND it worked out just fine! A real mistake I made: 2 months ago I was about to give my son a bath. He tripped and fell, hitting his head on the tub! It was horrible! I had ice on it and was about to take him to the ER when my husband came home and told me to calm down. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Well anyway, people made so many comments to me about how I should watch him closely. Like I don't????? I already felt horrible! Like they never make a mistake!
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I too am carbon based and a big ole mistake maker! If people think they are a cut above, there are therapists for this kind of delusion.

I have made what I think are mistakes that others may think are no big deal. I have 5. My oldest once said a bad word and I put soap in his mouth and he cried and cried. As soon as I did it I regreted it. He is now 24 and I have never ever done that to any of my other kids.

On Thanks Giving last yr my 3 yr old was running around my sisters home with his cousins on hardwood floors in his socks. He slipped and fell, hitting the corner of his eye on the corner of a pointy antique chair. Fell, proceeded to scrape a huge chunk of skin off from the corner of hisblackened eye to his mouth. Looked like hell for weeks. You should have seen the looks we got in public. His preschool said they almost called CPS on me had he not told them what happened. Mistakes- we all make em.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009