Would any of you actually use Latisse?!

Is this another case of medicating for non-problem? Or, do you feel that Latisse is a wonder drug for your eye lashes? What do you think?

21stCenturyMom

Asked by 21stCenturyMom at 9:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know, DH and I actually mentioned this last night. We saw the Brooke Shields commercial for it and I said something to him about how ridiculous I thought that was. We wondered why anyone would actually choose to use a medication with side effects like possible eyelid darkening or alteration of the eye pigment when the only possible reason I can think of for using it is purely cosmetic. Vanity can make us do some odd things...
    nathansmom0400

Answer by nathansmom0400 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think it is a bit crazy. I have hardly any lashes and I just put a little mascara on and have long pretty lashes. I don't need something with side effects to my eyes so I can get lashes. It seems like a really stupid reason for medicating yourself.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My husband works for the pharmaceutical company that tests this product and some of the girls there use it. I never would due to the eyelid darkening possibility, but they say it works great and they don't need to use mascara anymore.

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agee, I think that is going a little to far, putting something on your eyes that could cause side effects just so you can have pretty lashes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I considered it, because I have sparse, short lashes and wearing any kind of mascara actually makes my lashes fall out! Because I don't have my lashes to protect my eyes, I'm constantly getting dust and stuff in them and they get easily irritated.

The eyelid darkening fades, but the iris pigmentation doesn't - that is what made me reconsider it right there. Not sure if I want to risk permanently changing my eyecolor.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yeah, but considering all the possible side effects...did she never hear of false eyelashes?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009