Is it bad to go to a hair salon with dirty hair?

My hair is naturally curly. When I go get it cut I straighten it so she can see how long it is and not butcher it...My problem is I haven't washed it in 3 days because my blow dryer broke. I'm going to buy one after my haircut. Is it bad to go with dirty hair to a salon? I can not let her cut my hair wet...she did that before and cut too much!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is what they are there for! To wash and treat your hair. So what you didnt wash your hair in 3 days. I know many ppl that only wash once a week or even every two weeks. Its no big deal. Dont listen to anyone who tells you different.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ewww 3 days...sorry thats a little gross!! I would wash it and leave right away. I went to cosmetology school and if she is cutting your hair dry then she hurting you hair more. You should always cut the hair when its very wet. So I would wash it and leave shes going to have to wet it anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would wait to have it cut then and buy a new hairdryer in the meantime.
    Three days would be very noticable to a haircutter and they would easily smell any odors that may be on your dirty scalp.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thanks sugahmamma! That's what I thought!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009