how long?

will be 38 weeks tomorrow. Went and saw the doc yesturday and had no new news. meaning not dialating or anything.. But last nite i lost a good bit of my mucus plug and then so far today i have been having back labor contractions... do you think it is close? I know no one can tell for sure when the baby will come but dangit I am ready for my baby to be here!!

Cameolynn

Asked by Cameolynn at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc if you are concerned. When i was pregnant with my daughter I went to the doc and was told that I wasnt ready to have her for like another 2 weeks and I was already 39 weeks and 4 days or something like that. We made an appointment to be induce like 2 weeks later and then next morning I lost the plug. I was concerned and called the doc and was told that oh it just means that you are getting close but it could be a little bit yet. Just to keep my induction appointment and what not. Well my water broke that night and she was born the next morning...dont stress over it.
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Your body is progressing and preparing--probably doing things you aren't even aware of --, but there is no way to know when labor will get underway.

Dilation means nothing and those numbers are just useless. You can easily go into labor without dilating until the last moments of labor and that would be perfectly normal. You could go into labor tomorrow or not for a few weeks.

You are 38 weeks which is the lower end of an averages human gestation length. 42 weeks is the higher end of average gestation. So you can go any time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009