Would you still be friends with an ex in-law?

A family member is getting a divorce and I want to know if it is OK to still be friends? We have always gotten along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Shouldn't be a problem. My ex's family came to realize that the problems we had were betwenn him and I not them.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• yes,but if its oppesite sex,dont spend to much time with them,they might take it a different way and try something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I dont see any harm in it. Just dont start dating that person or nothing...
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 9:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i talk to my in-laws a couple time a week. after dumba$$ & i separated, they sided with me... seeing the crap he put me through.

no, just because you're not tied by marriage, doesn't mean you can't be friends. who gets to dictate that??
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OK thank you.

I don't like my in-law like that lol. That is disgusting and I would never do that to a family member. We just get along well and with my husband too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am still best friends with my ex husbands two sisters. We were friends before him and I ever dated and will always be friends. He cheated on me and his whole family will not speak to him or the other woman. They won't allow her into their homes and I am invited to family functions. I take the kids when I can. My ex's family all came to my wedding last year and have adopted my husband as their own. His parents died when he was young and he was raised in foster care. So my ex has really lost his family and I kept them all. I guess it pays to not be a douche.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• yes I am still very close to both my ex MIL and FIL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yes, of course it is okay and I am still friends with in-laws of mine and my kids' former spouses and their families. Why not?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am still friends with my exhusband's sister and aunt. I don't think that people should have to choose sides in a divorce.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I was very very close with my 2nd husbands family so after our divorce we all stayed very close. I continued to call his parents mom and dad right up until they passed away and even have their ashes in vases in my house. He has 3 sisters and we all still call each other sis and I talk to them all the time. We have been divorced for 15 years!! We had 3 kids together so my kids are tied to that family forever. They were very good to me during our marriage and remained good to me after the divorce, I would never cut them out of my life.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009