Has anyone else had problems with Mirena?

Just don't like it at all. My OB and Fiance talked me into it because its 100% and you can have intercourse without a condom - woohoo... But it hurts me all the time and we found out that my fiance is ..too well-endowed and hits the Mirena and it hurts! Just wondering what other peoples thoughts were on it.

Richys_Girl

Asked by Richys_Girl at 9:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• That was my problem with it too. We got it for the same reason. But my hubby always hit it and it cause lots of cramping even after a year. I finally got it taken out cause it caused me so much pain that sometimes I couldnt stand up. The doc said it wasn;t the mirena it the pain went away when the mirena was taken out. I think if you have a "big" hubby then you should not get it.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Haha yeah, the OB was surprised when I came back in and said that the strings were bothering him, she looked at them and told me they were cut as short as possible to still be able to get it out. I've had it for a little over a year too and now I am officially getting it taken out, I can't take the cramping anymore either. And when I do get my period it's almost a month long! :p
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 2:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009