Out for some drinks.... does that make me a horrible mother? I don't think so....

Yes I drink occasionally, big whoop.
I get a sitter now and then to have some drinks at the local bars and see friends and have a good time.
Some people on here seem to think that is trashy, that i'm a crappy mom, I was told "your probably one of the those moms that work at a bar"? What the hell does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know what the work at a bar thing means. I don't see a problem with hiring a sitter and meeting friends for a few drinks. It's not as though you come home drunk.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This is the same person that got a DUI and was complaining about fines. Obviously you're still a drinker.. some ppl never learn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I personally think drinking is selfish, stupid and immature no matter how many you have or if you do it front of your kids or not.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it at all...As long as you are not putting the drinks before your kids then theres nothing wrong with it...The people on here that think its trashy and stupid must have a perfect life....SORRY GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• As long as you are going out for drinks occasionally and responsibly, it's not a big deal. Again responsibly...meaning you are not getting trashed, your kids are safe and being cared for, you have a designated driver...etc.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• no, it doesnt make yoiu a horrible mom! some people just have such a narrow scope of vision, they can't see that someone can drink and spend a few short hours away from their child, but still be a great mom. as long as your kids are safe and well taken care of, and as long as you love them and make them your priority, then there's no problem that i can see. it's a normal thing for a woman to have a few beverages with her friends.
    as for the working in the bar comment.... whatever!!!!!!!!!! that's just ignorance. and so what idf you DID work in a bar? its money made. thats what matters.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

__
    Wow, seriously?

So having a glass of wine at dinner is selfish, stupid and immature? Nice.

And yes, I have that glass of wine in front of my kids on occasion. My grandparents shared a glass of champagne on their 50th anniversary, does that make them stupid selfish and immature?

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i hart you.. really! so if you go to a wedding and have a class of wine you are selfish? stupid? immature? i love wine! i drink a glass when we go out to eat me and him i don't get inebriated nothing comparable even to that, just like the taste of a greatly made wine, i also am cultured and far from any of them labels you just positioned me in
    happygolucky210

Answer by happygolucky210 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No there is nothing wrong with it, some people just have no lives and are jealous OR they need to put someone else down to make them feel bettr
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, there isnt anything wrong with it. But what this person is forgetting to mention is that she has gotten a DUI and is struggling to pay the fines. Now if she is having that much trouble paying fines from a DUI do you really think she should continue going to bars?? HELLO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009