How old was your baby when they said thier first real word( Other than mama or dada etc.)?

My dd says mama, dada, baba, but she doesn't say them when prompted( sometimes she will say mama when I ask her to,but nothing else). I was curious as to how old your kids were when they started to talk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• P.S. she is 11 months old:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think my son was about 14 months, or somewhere around there. He's 24 now, so it's been awhile.
    His first clear word, at least my ex and I could understand him....was (and I'm not kidding) F**K
    At the time my ex was active duty and we spent a lot of time at the hanger while the guys were working on airplanes. So you can imagine that he heard that...a lot!
    Although I do have to admit that, according to my parents, my first word was Bull-s**t, so I guess it runs in the family.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• A "real" first word...knowing what it meant, using it correctly...

13 months
    15 months
    23 months after a month of speech therapy
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Emi said her first word just before 11 months. She was done nursing and she said, "all done". Then the next day she said, "not all done" when I put her down. She wont say mama though. :/ She says hi too.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009