H1N1 Question

Which is really worse: The virus or the vaccine? Everywhere I look theres all these conflicting stories and its hard to know what to do in the best interest of my children this flu season.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The vaccine is not suppose to be out tell October. So how can to tell ?

Answer by louise2 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

If you choose to vaccinate, I strongly recommend having your doctor order the single dose preservative free version; the H1N1 vaccine will have Thimerisol/mercury.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My family had H1N1 and it was just the flu - my kids were out of school for 3 days. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it, but I wouldn't have done the vaccine anyway.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We had H1N1 in April we were never sick. Only were tested because we had been in Mexico and others on our trip had came down with it. None of them felt that badly either. We all came back positive and stayed home for a few days. We will not get the vaccination as we don't get any vaccinations. Probably why we didn't feel sick when we got this our immune system actually works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Our entire family had it.. including my 10 month old. We're fine. It was just the flu *shrug* I wouldn't get the vax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• well I have it now. it sucks. But they aren't giving me tamiflu or relienza since I am not in a high risk group. However it still hasn't convinced me to give my children the flu shot. Maybe my 3 year old, but still not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You would think they would want to keep your children from getting it and give you the meds for that reason :31
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think it's a bit of a toss up right now. Most people getting the swine flu are seeing a mild version but there is a small % that are getting viral infections and getting very sick, very quickly. Right now I'm leaning against the vaccine but I'm watching to see if more people start getting critically ill or not.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• And the vaccine is as safe as all the other vaccines, right???? I think I would rather take my chances with the virus itself. The FDA sure did move in a hurry this time, too bad they cant do that more often. It usually takes much longer to get something approved, like a medication for Epilepsy, or a cancer treatment, guess they go where the money is!!! Diane
    diane08502

Answer by diane08502 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The virus magically got worse as soon as they have a vaccine to sell. Amazing coincidence, isn't it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2009